[3830] SS SSB K7ZS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K7ZS Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:47:05 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZS
Operator(s): K7ZS
Station: K7ZS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NW Oregon

  160:    0
   80:    4
   10:    2

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

First Sweepstakes for me!  (Usually in Baja fishing!)

Great, fun contest, easy to see why it is a favorite of many!

At the gun, I managed to find a slot on 15m, so ran with it until the band
finally died out. NOT FUN to show up on 20 meters late.  Went to 40 early which
was better.  Tried 10 meters on Sunday but the band had virtually no new
stations, so back to 15 and 20

Only missed NL for a sweep, and talked to quite a few stations that needed it
too.

Having Mitch K7RL, Brad K7ZSD and the Bob W7GG and company as local competitors
and their fine scores added to the fun, and pushed me resulting in a score
beyond what I thought was possible for my station.

Hope to be here next year (and will be if the fishing stinks!)

73 Kevin K7ZS