[3830] SS SSB K1EP(@K1RX) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1ep@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K1EP(@K1RX) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 06:11:31 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1RX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Late into the contest I was down about a half dozen sections.  I was asking all
the SoCal sections if anyone was on from SB.  Finally I guess the word got out,
because AG6RT station called in while I was running on 20.  Then K6SB (love
those obvious calls!) called in 20 minutes later.  I had just picked off my
first ND (N0GF) on the second radio.  Of course, after working him on the second
radio, AI0Q 10 minutes later on my run freq right after working AG6RT!  I was
then down to the great northwest, KL7, VE7, and NT.  Hadn't heard a peek from
any of those.  I found KD6WW/VY0 on 20M with a really low serial number, late
Sunday afternoon.  One call nabbed that section.  Later on, I heard a station
get called by VY1JA, but I never heard J.  Was that station excited.  Then
VE7DCY called in, thanks!  Finally found AL9A for the sweep.  I was really
surprised how I was able to hold a good freq on 20M on low power.  I could sense
that I was spotted several times and the rates spiked up.  Of course there were
those who were using databases and had to slow me down to correct their logs.
Thakns to K1RX for the use of his great station in New Hampshire.