[3830] CQWW SSB ZL3TE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W3SE@xtra.co.nz
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB ZL3TE SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 18:10:01 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ZL3TE
Operator(s): ZL3TE(W3SE)
Station: ZL3TE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Auckland

  160:
   80:   17     9        8
   40:  308    27       48
   20:  470    29       78
   15:  249    27       52
   10:  844    21       34
------------------------------

WHEW!!!!  What a contest this was.  Have not heard much of anything on 10 for 3
months except for the occasional QSO here and there.  Was not expecting much to
happen on the high bands, but, I was surprised at 10!  Had 4+ 100 Hours, with
the last two being top hours, 160 / 120.  I know that is average for the Top
stations, but being way down here, while most are looking for Northern
Hemisphere Q's

Thanks for all the Q's, Sunday afternoon locally, it got very tough with the
solar noise, that pulling signals from th enoise was too much effort, so I had a
chance to cut the lawn, when I returned, 20 was back in full swing.

Working the Gray line on 40M from ZL is rather interesting, being able to work
Western EU and Africa at my sunset, then Eastern EU at sunrise, while working
NA,SA and Asia between.  Was very happy with 48 Countries on 40 :-)

FT-1000MP
TL-922A @ 400W
Cuscraft R8 10-40M
G5RV 75M