[3830] CQWW SSB VE3WG(@VE3AGC) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3agc@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE3WG(@VE3AGC) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:50:35 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3WG
Operator(s): VE3WG
Station: VE3AGC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Etobicoke

  160:   49     2        3
   80:   84     8       16
   40:  182    17       51
   20:  270    24       80
   15:  309    23       80
   10:  258    19       68
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

First major contest for the new call. Mostly S&P with short runs here and there.
The bands were better Sunday although Saturday night things went down later. I
got frustrated and went to bed early. I missed the major openings on 10M. Sunday
afternoon wasn't the time to catch JA sunrise.

Two small mistakes: I heard VE8 on 10M but didn't work him then. Of course I I
realised later that I needed Zone 1 and no VE8, VY1 or KL7 appeared later. I
also forgot that G/M got 40M 7100-7200 Sunday morning and didn't work that part
of the band. Duh.

Two 6 band sweeps. I got to FP/VE7SV on 10M too late when the band was fading
eastward and missed one I wanted.

I definitely need a real low band antenna. The DX LB+ is not a real dipole on
80/160 although 40 is just ok.

Tnx for all the qsos.

73

Bob

ps To the QRMer on 40 transmit Saturday night: Please email me the amp model and
tube used. I was impressed with two runs of > 15min. continuous key down. It
must be some tube hi hi. You were S9+30. Too bad the dsp and notch took it out
so I didn't miss a qso. Also too bad our regulations are different from the USA
and we don't have to follow the FCC rules, although you don't either. This
message assumes you know how to read.