[3830] JARTS 9M2/G4ZFE(@9M2RPN) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4zfe@g4zfe.com
Subject: [3830] JARTS 9M2/G4ZFE(@9M2RPN) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:42:12 -0700
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: 9M2/G4ZFE
Operator(s): G4ZFE
Station: 9M2RPN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kuala Lumpur

   80:    0     0     0
   40:  213   573    56
   20:  381  1072    78
   15:  370   986    71
   10:   75   175    24
-------------------------
Total: 1039  2806   229  Total Score = 642,574

Club: BARTG

Comments:

Station: IC-7560 Pro I and IC-PW1 amplifier, 400W output
Antennas: Force 12 C3-S at 12m, 40m Inverted V at 12m

At long last I made the switch from AFSK to FSK. Many thanks to K5WW for his
detailed instructions on how to add FSK to my Rigblaster Nomic (see
www.qsl.net/k5ww/HTML/FSK.htm  for details). The Rigblaster modifications didn't
take long but I just could not get my trusty laptop's COM port to work properly.
In the end I used an old PII destop, installed N1MM/MMTTY and everything worked
OK after wasting many hours at the start of the contest.

The Icom FSK/RTTY filters and especially the RTTY Twin APF filter helped make
many more 40m RTTY QSOs than I am used to. I should have switched to FSK a long
time ago...

On the first day I had a good post-dawn opening to Eastern/Mid North America on
20m. This opening was not present on the second day despite similar A and K
numbers.

Great participation from JA amateurs.

Some good DX was also worked - 9I40Z, S79SO, FR1HZ and GU0SUP each worked on
three bands.

Thank you for all QSOs.

73 de Rich, 9M2/G4ZFE