[3830] ARRL FD W4ZV 1B QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, btippett@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W4ZV 1B QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:27:32 -0700
                    ARRL Field Day

Call: W4ZV
Operator(s): W4ZV
Station: W4ZV

Class: 1B QRP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  533     0       0  Total Score = 5,680

K2 at 5 watts powered by solar/battery to a 180' dipole up 60', ladder-line
and
Emtech ZM-2 tuner.  XYL and I set up between rain showers on Friday but things
cleared up nicely by Saturday afternoon.  I could never seem to get any decent
runs going by CQ-ing but was apparently getting out OK with all states worked
except ND and WY, both of which I heard.  I would estimate >95% of my QSO's
were by S&P!  QTH was 875' Dark Springs Mountain in the Uwharrie range which
is reputedly the oldest mountain range in North America (even older than the
Appalachians).  I had to take a short break Saturday afternoon to alert my XYL
to a beautiful serenade by a Wood Thrush...sounded like Nature's version of
Sir James Galway on the flute.  Thanks for all the QSO's and fun!

73,  Bill  W4ZV