[3830] UBA SSB GX6UT M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, m0clw@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: [3830] UBA SSB GX6UT M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:02:04 -0800
                    UBA DX Contest, SSB

Call: GX6UT
Operator(s): M0CLW & M0DXR
Station: GX6UT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Harlow, UK

   80:  136    23
   40:   23     4
   20:  652    29
   15:  240    23
   10:   16     5
-------------------
Total: 1067    84  Total Score = 177,492

Club: UK Young Contesters' Group

Comments:

Ops : Simon, M0CLW (18 years old)
      Mark, M0CLW  (20 years old)
Rig : FT-1000MP
Amp : Acom 1000
Ant : Cushcraft A3S @ 50ft for 20m, 15m and 10m
      Butternut for 40m (didn't work as expected)
      Dipole for 80m

First operation for the UK Young Contesters' Group (more details to follow),
operating from the Harlow & District Amateur Radio Society QTH (GX6UT).

We had antenna difficulties on 40m which pretty much ruled out the band
completely. We managed only 23 QSOs! 80m also proved difficult with lots of
noise from a nearby alarm system... Apologies if you heard us but we could not
hear you.

Lots to learn, but both Mark and myself thoroughly enjoyed this contest and you
can expect to see more operations from the UK Young Contesters' Group very soon
with a larger setup and more ops. We should have our very own three character
contest call very shortly and hope to be up and running with this callsign for
WPX SSB in a few weeks time.  Stay tuned for more info!

Apologies for the delay in submission of the results.

See you in the contests!

73,

Simon, M0CLW (aged 18)
m0clw [ at ] yahoo.co.uk