[3830] ARRLDX CW OE9/G3TXF(@OE9XRV) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nigel@g3txf.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OE9/G3TXF(@OE9XRV) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 01:53:20 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OE9/G3TXF
Operator(s): G3TXF
Station: OE9XRV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Bregenz, Austria

  160:    2     2
   80:   74    27
   40:  303    43
   20:  279    46
   15:  454    42
   10:   88    27
-------------------
Total: 1200   187  Total Score = 673,200

Club: CDXC Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Thanks to Carl OE9MON, Tommi OE9PTI and the other members of the Bregenz club
station (OE9XRV) for letting me use their nice station for ARRL CW.

The station is located right on the edge of Lake Constance with a clear take-off
to the US. The antennas were simple wires at about 25ft above ground: 1. 255ft
long Windom and 2. horizontal loop for 80m. Carl and Tommi also kindly installed
a multi-band vertical during the contest.

My callsign (OE9/G3TXF) was probably one of the most 'awkward' in the contest!
Congrats to those who got it right the first time and apologies to those who
needed a couple of goes at it!

73 - Nigel OE9/G3TXF