[3830] CQWW CW VE2IM(VE3DZ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3dz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE2IM(VE3DZ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:48:56 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE2IM
Operator(s): VE3DZ
Station: VE2IM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VE2CSI, Zone 2
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

  160:  176     9       24
   80:  781    16       70
   40: 1156    28      101
   20: 1357    32      107
   15: 1591    32      110
   10: 1458    26       97
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Highlights: Finally managed to properly tune 40/80 m vertical (had to modify
radial system) which resulted in few good continuous runs to EU (never happened
to me before at this location). Conditions were great both days. No radio or PA
failures. A lot of people agreed to move for me. Good to be the only Zone 2
station, isn't it? :-)) Few pretty good runs with up to 260/hr both days. 8
straight hours in a row with 200+/hr on Saturday.

Lowlights: A lot of driving (1500 km one way). A lot of antenna work again right
before the beginning of the contest. Forgot a couple of necessary things at home
(antenna switch, etc...) During the contest some people tried to steal my
frequency (2 "huge" freq. fights and few minor). Snow removal tractor nearly
damaged coax on R7, so had to get out and stop him. Missed a lot of easy
mulitplier. Lost one hour for sleep. 160 m antenna still doesn't work the way I
want. :-)

Anyway, it was a lot of fun and my personal best in CQ WW ever.

Thanks to: VE2NN of VE2CSI, VE2XAA, VE3EY, VE3OI, VE3UKR.
Special thanks to everyone who moved for me.