[3830] SS SSB K3WW SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K3WW SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 06:06:20 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K3WW
Operator(s): K3WW
Station: K3WW

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0
   10:    0

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

The mug collection continues.  Thanks to the crew at VY1MB.  I called them from
their #80 until I received # 103 at 2126.  I could have stayed anonter 15
minutes and been in trouble.  I had accepted an invitation to a birthday party
long before the concept of chasing down my last section for a sweep on either
mode at 4:30 local time Sunday afternoon sunk in.

Spent the entire weekend with the stack on VY1, worked plenty of VE4's.
All 20/40 CQs were called with the antennas on VY1.  Did some 80 to CQ up the
Eastern sections.

SS is a tricky contest when you define a successful weekend by a sweep, not QSO
totals, but then thats why they call it SWEEPstakes, isn't it.
Always fun to trade exchanges with the gang while chasing sections, been doing
it pretty steadily since 1960, altho may have missed a few in my MultiMulti
phase, back in the 70s.

Now a whole extra week to rest up before CQWW CW.
73 Chas K3WW