[3830] CQWW SSB V47DM M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2dm@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB V47DM M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:11:23 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: V47DM
Operator(s): AD4J, K2DM, K3ZM, V44NK, W4GKA, W9NY
Station: V47DM

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: V4

  160:   34     5       19
   80:  305    14       36
   40: 1215    24      105
   20: 1496    31      120
   15: 2404    27      111
   10: 1946    24      100
------------------------------

We decided to return to Nevis this year.  Shipped down 40' of tower and a
rotator in the summer, and Karl (V44NK) enlisted some friends to install the
base and put up the first 30'.  After we arrived, Peter (K3ZM) and Jim (AD4J)
put up the final 10', and we installed a 2-el 40M yagi.  Glen (W4GKA) set up our
computer network and got Telnet up and running, so we had spots for the first
time.  We used an A3 on a 20' mast primarily for 20M and 10M and a TA-33 on an
18' mast for 15M.  Dipoles in the palm trees covered 160M and 80M.
This year we couldn't hear jack on 160 and 80, so my apologies to all those we
didn't work on those bands -- I was the operator (K2DM), and brother Jeff has
already pronounced me deaf.  What a disappointment to make so few contacts
there.
We had three ops who were under the weather (Doc, W9NY, Peter and Glen), we
tripped the circuit breaker a few times, we couldn't hear on 160 and 80, and
conditions disappeared for a few hours Sunday afternoon, but we still managed to
match last year's effort.  Special thanks to Pam and the staff at the Golden
Rock Plantation Inn for being "ham friendly".