[3830] NAQP CW N5NW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5nw@n5nw.org
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N5NW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 17:42:19 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N5NW
Operator(s): N5NW
Station: N5NW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): .75

   40:   8      7
   20:   8      4
Total:  16     11  Total Score = 176

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG Team Old Glory

Comments:

Didn't get to work much.  Less than an hour.  Heard teammate W4DAN working S&P.
Got really frustrated trying to decode NI3S at 45 wpm.  Dual-speed tape player
got it down in speed to my proficiency level, but frustrated enough to quit for
the evening.  High speed limits the number of contacts you can make in this
test, IMHO.  With higher speed CW requirements a thing of the past, all the
speeds of the more proficient ops will slow down.  Software will probably change
to speed up when the other station is in the database.  Maybe I'll get to 45 wpm
in my lifetime, but probably not while I'm gainfully employed.