[3830] IOTA MM0BQI/P SO24Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mm0bqi@thersgb.net
Subject: [3830] IOTA MM0BQI/P SO24Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:15:22 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: MM0BQI/P
Operator(s): MM0BQI
Station: MM0BQI/P

Class: SO24Mixed LP
QTH: Summer Isles, EU92

   80:   10       8       62       23
   40:   10       9      171       38
   20:   10       7      159       44
   15:    1       1      183       23
   10:    0       0        2        2
Total:   31      25      577      130  Total Score = 850,020

Club: GMDX Group

Comments:

Fantastic first two hours on 20 and 15, then everything went slowly downhill.
The HF bands closed very early Saturday and did not open fully for me on Sunday.
 Lots of QRN and static rain and some unexpected noise during the night made
parts of some bands almost unuseable.
Enforced change in antenna locations and space available made SO2R impossible.
This location at the foot of a large hill, beside the sea, works okay during
good band conditions but anything less and it is always disapointing.  Next
year, with even fewer sunspots, will mean a move to the highest part of the
island.
I have already booked the spot for my tent and will have to get fit enough to
carry all the gear up the hill!
Thanks for all the Qs, I had a great time, and will see you from EU92 next year.