[3830] CQWW VHF KE8RO SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ke8ro@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF KE8RO SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 19:03:27 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: KE8RO
Operator(s): KE8RO
Station: KE8RO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EN81om

    6:  154    76
    2:   81    35
-------------------
Total:  235   111  Total Score = 34,965

This was my first attempt at operating this contest. The contest started off
great with a nice 6 meter opening! Once 6 meters faded out, Aurora was next.
Made some nice AU contacts on both bands.  After the AU, I finally made it to 2
meters.  I ended up the night with a nice contact out to EM18 on 2 meters due to
great band conditions on 144 MHz. I also managed to work into EN40 & 41..

Sunday I was greated with band conditions much less to brag about, not to
mention some nice electrical line noise on both bands. Had a few 6 meter band
openings that broke up the day. 2 meters seemed in pretty good shape with some
enhancement yet lurking as I was able to work down into EM77 & EM96.

In conclusion, the contest had many highlights including 2 new all time new
grids worked on 2 meters not to mention a handful on 6 meters.  Thanks to all of
those that worked me during the contest.  Other than some electrical noise,
things ran smooth with no complaints as of yet from my neighbors.  I like the
two band competition as I can actually work "all bands" with this one : ) as I
only have 6 thru 432.

Station:
Icom 756PRO with Cushcraft 5 element @ 55 ft and Cushcraft 6 element @ 30 ft.
Icom 821H with 13B2 @ 65 ft or so.