[3830] WPX SSB DL6FBL SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB DL6FBL SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:51:25 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: DL6FBL
Operator(s): DL6FBL
Station: DL6FBL

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Fulda/Germany
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   20: 1126

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Hi all,

most popular smalltalk subject during the contest were CONDX,
of course: "Propagation sucks" or "Conditions are a f*cking
piece of shit" were favored and often heard flowery phrases.

OK, I had not really believed, that big stateside pileups
would occur on 10 meters, but I also had not really believed,
that even 15 meters was almost unusable: Early Sunday
afternoon, normally a good time for nice runs on 15 meters,
I even took a break from 1327z thru 1509z... I was stuck at
1800 something QSOs and 800 prefixes at that time.

But between 1509z and 2250z (my personal end of the contest)
I could add another 642 QSOs to the log, having some nice
pileups on 40m (EU) and 15m (USA) with short-time rates of
200+. Too bad, that not the whole contest went like this...

Even the night before I was frustrated big time and took a
break from Sat 2317z thru Sun 0321z, normally a good time for
stateside runs on 40 meters. Oh, 40 meters. 40 meters sucked
big time. KQ2M is really right in his posting concerning his
personal ARRL SSB contest a few days ago. Even my fullsize
2-ele Quad @ 24m did not help. Too much chaos. The hottest
funny farm is a nice and calm place compared to the mayhem
on this band. I really hope that we will get 7100-7300 kHz
in Europe soon !!!!!!!!!! Then 40 SSB will be fun again.
At least I'm looking forward to 40 CW in two months...

Well, this time Germany was in the famous "Black Hole".
I guess, every 100 kilometers south or better south-east
were worth 250k points... Or did somebody do a test on that
new "E-Bomb" here in ole Europe ????????? ;-)

Station 1: Yaesu FT-1000MP + Acom 2000A
Station 2: Yaesu FT-1000MP + Acom 2000A

182 second-radio QSOs, of which 61 were multipliers...
I only started this on Sunday morning. I really was not
in the mood before... :-(

160: Dipole @ 17m
 80: Titanex Vertical on the aluminium rooftop
 40: 2-ele Quad @ 24m
 20: 3-ele Quad @ 24m + 3-ele Quad @ 18m
 15: 3-ele Quad @ 24m + 3-ele Quad @ 18m
 10: 3-ele Quad @ 24m

I hope it will be "alles gut" in the CW part...

73 Ben
DL6FBL
http://www.dl6fbl.de