[3830] WPX SSB VO1MP SO(TS)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, GUSSAM@NEWCOMM.NET
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VO1MP SO(TS)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:48:33 -0800

      BAND  QSO  QSO PTS PTS/Q PXES

      160     0      0   0.0     0
       80   248   1399   5.6   160
       40   124    634   5.1    31
       20  1014   2720   2.7   335
       15   351    762   2.2   170
       10    20     43   2.2     6
     ---------------------------------

     Totals 1757  5558   3.2   702  =  3,901,716

All reports sent were 59, unless otherwise noted.
Equipment Description:

FT 1000MP & ALPHA 78
CLASSIC 33 at 40 ft
Trap Dipole for 40/80 on Hilltop Tower.

Conditions not great especially on 15 --
10 was virtually non existent, obviously an indication
of things to come.
Trying to squeeze in  and CQ on forty meters with a dipole is
seemingly an exercise in futility !
My delta loops used to do fairly well on that band, I guess they
need to go back up again . Large beams don't stay
up here on my hill top location so a yagi is out hi!
Am puzzled how I can work more DX stns and Europeans on
80 than on 40 especially when using the trapped end of the antenna. ?

With the preponderance of heavily ( over) processed audio
on the low  bands and band width at a premium, especially on 40,
the audio issue during contests,is becoming increasingly a problem.

Hopefully the proposed 40 Meter band expansion
will quickly eventuate and help ease/eliminate ? this trouble.

Conditions seemed to improve considerably on Sunday afternoon
otherwise I might have quit and watched TV  hi!

Back to antenna work when weather breaks and hope to get
some monobanders back up again.

73 C'Y'all Next one GLWCDR
Gus VO1MP