[3830] Commonwealth ZF2NT Open HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth ZF2NT Open HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 07:57:55 -0800
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: ZF2NT
Operator(s): ZF2NT
Station: ZF2NT

Class: Open HP
QTH: LYB
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

Total: 1176  Total Score = 10,880

According to Quick Score:

    Band       QSO's   Score    pts/qso   Bonuses

     80          134    1,330      9.93      33
     40          254    2,350      9.25      54
     20          287    2,595      9.04      58
     15          253    2,345      9.27      54
     10          248    2,260      9.13      51
    Totals     1,176   10,880      9.26     250

Conditions were magical last night.  This is the best I've heard the low bands
in a long time--almost no QRN at all.  On 80, I felt like I could hear a pin in
Trafalgar Square!  10 and 15 were weak, compared to recent years, but 20-80 more
than made up for it.  I know this score is significantly higher than  anything
from the previous three years, so now I'm curious what the record is...

The only problem with this contest is that the harassment factor I have to
endure is very high.  I've learned from experience that if I start working
people outside the contest then it will go out on the worldwide cluster system
and in seconds I will have a pile-up so big I can't hear anybody I need for
points.  If it weren't for packet, I wouldn't mind giving out a new country here
or there, but as things stand I cannot take that risk.  What that means is that
I won't acknowledge ANYBODY who is not in the Commonwealth, and as a result I
get a continuous succession of people with nothing better to do than stand
around and heckle me.  Usually it's the DL's and JA's who drive me nuts in this
contest, but this year it was the US guys who were the worst.  Like I never work
USA???