[3830] ARRLDX SSB KO7X(@KI7WX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KO7X(@KI7WX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 02:18:15 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KO7X
Operator(s): KO7X
Station: KI7WX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NC

  160:    0     0
   80:   37    27
   40:   52    44
   20:  200    68
   15:  346    75
   10:  160    63
-------------------
Total:  795   277  Total Score = 660,645

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What is left of the 160 meter antenna is still hanging
in the trees after the December ice storm. There were
a few highlights - like when SU9NC called in during a
rare 20 meter run. The activity level seemed high and
I'll bet there are some big scores despite the poor
opening on 10 meters Saturday. You can sure tell that
the sunspots are going away. Imagine what it will be
like when 15 and 10 are nearly closed and 20 will be
like a can of sardines until the sun goes down. During
a rare 15 meter run, HB9JW told me that my signal was
not only the strongest on the band, but even stronger
than KC1XX, W3LPL, etc. by about 10 db. This was
toward the end of the opening on Sunday afternoon. I
can only guess that this was attributable to being
farther south, but it was interesting that he took the
time to make such a comment. Operating from the east
coast with a good station has been quite an
interesting experience.