[3830] ARRLDX CW VE1OP SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE1OP SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 16:10:58 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE1OP
Operator(s): VE1OP
Station: VE1OP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NS

   80:   45    35
   40:  142    66
   20:  452    84
   15:  434    87
   10:  439    85
-------------------
Total: 1512   357  Total Score = 1,605,429

Not the full out effort I had hoped for, but work got in the way....Missed 6
hours prime time on the low bands...

Good propagation all around, despite the gloomy predictions...Beauty openings
into EU both mornings on 10, 15 and 20, and even got to hear a few strong JA's
Sunday evening without all the arctic flutter that usually makes them uncopyable
here...

Bettered last year's score by over 500,000 points, which was what I set out to
do...Tried for DXCC again on all three high bands but didn't come close on any.
I left the packet off all weekend to stay out of the assisted category, so that
might explain that...

Highlight of the weekend was being called by S9SS Sunday morning on 10
metres...Had a few other DX goodies too, which is always nice...

To those who tried to steal my frequency, I NEVER give up if I was there first,
for 2 hours...You were strong here, so you could hear me...Try asking QRZ?
before you start CQ'ing on top of someone else...

Equipment: FT1000MP (one) with AL811 amp at 400 watts most of the time...4
element tri-bander on 10, 15 and 20 and wires for the rest...

Lotsa fun as always, and thanks to all for the calls...CU in the next one...

73, Scott VE1OP