[3830] CQWW SSB VC2C M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VC2C M/M HP
From: nb1b@attbi.com (nb1b@attbi.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:01:35 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VC2C
Operator(s): VC2C
Station: VC2C

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ZONE 2
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  309     5        5
   80:  545    13       28
   40:  879    18       51
   20: 2091    33      108
   15: 2563    36      144
   10: 1834    31      122
------------------------------

Score is split between Mad River (2/21), YCCC (2/21), CVRS (1/21), and Contest
Club Ontario (CCO) 16/21).

What a great time!  Too bad conditions didn't cooperate!  We had the best
antennas we have ever had on 80 and 160M and the worst results.  Never heard,
let alone worked, a European until Sunday on 80M.  Somehow, even though we
missed zone 16 on 80M, we worked two zone 17 stations, both EY8s.  15M didn't
open Saturday morning until after 1600Z, and from 1100-1500 we heard exactly
zero stations on 15M.  We were prepared for the worst when we heard the A was 40
and the K was 15 on Friday- at least the indices were accurate and the
conditions were crummy.

Oh well, we had a great time!  The first Canadian 60M operation, the first known
60M Transatlantic QSOs, and the first activation of grid square FO11 on the
satelites were all firsts for this group this year.  With 21 operators, there
was plenty of operating, plenty of food, and plenty of good times.

Thanks to everyone for the Q's.  Hope to cu agn next year.