[3830] NAQP CW K9GY Single Op QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K9GY Single Op QRP
From: K9GY@K9GY.com (K9GY@K9GY.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 04:22:45 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:  59     25
   20:  16      7
Total:  75     32  Total Score = 2,400

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Team #3

Comments:

Decided to fire up the FT-817 bought at Dayton 2002.

It was a lot of fun being REAL QRP...Cushcraft R7000 with base @ 10ft above
ground. The 2.5 watts didn't even move the power meter enough to see what
was really happening, hah! Supposedly the 817 puts out 5 watts if the little
power meter blinks but it never seemed to blink so I assume it was always
2.5 watts. Worked some DX too: G, DL, S5, VE3, XE, KP4 neato! S58A was loud
on 20m and DL1IAO is a good op!

"Lance" Armstrong won his fourth Tour de France this past weekend.
So I decided to use his name for the contest. Surprised that someone
in Texas (his home state!) didn't use it? Three weeks of bike riding
isn't easy :-) If you get a chance to see the highlights check out Lance
taking off past Beloki in the mountains.

Catch you in the WAE CW this coming weekend from K4JA SOHP.
http://www.K4JA.com

Off to Wrigley field for a CUBS game today.

73, Eric K9GY