[3830] CQWW CW K1DG SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1DG SOAB HP
From: k1dg@ix.netcom.com (k1dg@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:00:10 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1DG
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

  160:     15      5      6
   80:    112     15     48
   40:    692     29     92
   20:    683     35    100
   15:    590     29     99
   10:    730     29    100
-------------------------------
Total:   2822    142    445  =  4,770,000

Club/Team: YCCC

Comments:

Fair start, then after 07Z it all went horribly bad. At 1300Z, after back to
back 30-QSO hours (compared to the usual 150s which keep me awake), I threw in
the towel and went to bed for a few hours. Second or third time I've done this
in almost 30 years of contesting. Considered staying off the air for the rest
of the contest, but had already canceled all the possible participation in
family stuff and they were off in several different directions by then. Got
back on at 19Z, then slept again from 05 to 10Z Sunday.

Sunday was great fun, though...until I fired up the family PC after the contest
was over and noticed that it had been hit with this "Badtrans" virus that's
been running around, and that the thing had probably spread to several
contester friends. Sorry, OMs...and the Norton files had been updated only a
few days earlier and did not catch it.

73, and see you all in ARRL CW,

Doug K1DG