[3830] ARRL SS SSB VY1MB SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB VY1MB SO LP
From: vy1mb@rac.ca (vy1mb@rac.ca)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:13:53 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes, SSB

Call: VY1MB
Operator(s): VY1MB
Station: VY1MB

Class: SO LP
QTH: YT

   40:      7
   20:     26
   15:    151
   10:    446
-------------------------------
Total:    630 x     80  =  100,800

Well Glad this one is over with for another year  HI HI.
 I knew I would be jumped on Sunday so I took it easy on Sat mostly H&P only
making 200 contacts 64  sections and I was right.  Sunday was brutal. I had
some trouble in the morning controling the pileup and apologize to the stations
that didn't make VY1  on that try but I wasn't in the mood for the &(*&%^% that
was going on.  It takes all the fun out of it. HI HI. If all the pileups were
like that I would leave the radio off on contest weekends. I know some of the
problems were  my fault but it is tough when thousands of stations are trying
to get VY1 and there are only 2 stations on. I did learn new things about
running the pileups and  I must say the later crowd was much better behaved and
I started enjoying myself again getting the sweep around 23:00 with VE2AWR.
 I don't know if I will run this one single op again.
but will be in there somewhere.
I don't know where Jay was this year but I am going to have a few words with
him HI HI. Thanks to the guys at the VY1VY station for taking some of the load
and I hope to talk them into doing it again next year.
 The local club YARA does rent out the club station VY1DX for contesting if
anybody is interested in  running VY1.  You can find the info at www.yara.yk.ca
 73 Bob