[3830] WAE SSB WØYR/4 SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB WØYR/4 SOAB HP
From: W0YR@AOL.COM (W0YR@AOL.COM)
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 22:41:15 -0400 (EDT)
                     WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: WØYR/4
Operator(s): WØYR
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

   80:      -
   40:      -
   20:    805    802    104
   15:      -
   10:      -
-------------------------------
Total:    805    802     52  =  166,920

Club/Team:

Comments:

I am rebuilding my station, so the only available antenna was the 20 meter
yagi.  Conditions were very good the first evening and a lot of activity, but
during the rest of the contest (after my first 500 QSOs) there was a GREAT LACK
of activity from Europe.  A surprisingly low number of German stations were
active!  Unless the DARC can prod its own boys to enter, I probably shall not
again waste a whole weekend.  Very, very disappointing level of participation.
Conditions were not very good during the second 24 hours, but is was not
impossible to make contacts -- IF ONLY THE EUROPEAN STATIONS HAD BEEN THERE!

Furhter, while I do not mine the QTC exchanges, it is a major reason why more
European and German hams stay away from this contest.  You have just made the
contest too complicated for many people.  All the rest of ham radio is
undergoing a major "dumming down."  This contest should be "dummed down", too.

(Sorry to sound so negative, but if a person active in the contest cannot
express frustration here, then, where?)