[3830] NA Sprint CW N2NL(@K1PT) HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N2NL(@K1PT) HP
From: n2nl@yahoo.com (n2nl@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 12:58:15 -0400 (EDT)
                     NA Sprint - CW

Call: N2NL
Operator: N2NL
Station: K1PT

Power: HP
QTH: FL

   80:     63   1:00
   40:    135   1:30
   20:    140   1:30
----------------------
Total:    338 Qs   44 Mults =  14,872

Club/Team: Beam SE

Comments:

C31XR @ 60ft
402CD @ 70ft
Inverted vee @ 55ft

QSO total was my personal best ever.  If 80m was like past sprints, I was
looking at 350/360 QSOs.  80 sucked.  I felt like I was on the outside looking
in.  My last hour was 63 - pitiful.  Conditions seemed wierd and lots of noise
from bad WX across FL.  I was rusty and had a slow start since my last contest
was WPX CW, but I got in the groove quickly.

I was a total mult lid.  Its either feast or famine with me on mults.  This
time I only had 2 band changes.  I should have worked the 2nd rig and I would
have picked up a couple for sure.  I never heard Trey or Felipe.  I heard but
missed VE2, VE4, and CO.  My mult total cost me a possible top 10 finish.

FUN contest overall!  One of these days I might even make the top 10 box.

Thanks as always to Paul, K1PT, for use of his station.

73, Dave N2NL