[3830] NAQP SSB K0GQ M/2

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K0GQ M/2
From: km0l@tfs.net (km0l@tfs.net)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 13:49:21 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: K0GQ
Operator(s): K0OU, KC0DEA, KC0ELZ, N0EVH, W0RDE
Station: K0GQ

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MO

  160:     44     17
   80:   101      30
   40:    192     48
   20:    314     55
   15:    214     42
   10:    112     26
----------------------
Total:    977    218  =  212,986

Club/Team: Raytown ARC

Comments:

Rig 1: TS-930S -> HF6V vert
       486 laptop w/NA10
Rig 2: FT-847 -> 900 foot long loop up about 15-20'
       486 desktop w/NA10 networked

Our local club operated this Field Day style at Lake Jacomo State Park
in a pop-up camper. We set up Saturday morning in 0 degree (F) weather and
spent the bulk of our set up time establishing heat. Had a fire outside the
camper and electric heaters inside and managed to stay nice and toasty.
Our new op's did a very nice job with the small set up and we feel like we
kept up with the crowd pretty well. We called this operation our "Polar Bear
Field Day". What great fun and a real radio adventure. Thanks to all for the
Q's and this crew will be on the air more often - especially for FD this
summer.
73 de K0OU Steve in KC