[3830] CQWW SSB KZ5MM SOSB/10 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KZ5MM SOSB/10 HP
From: cdietz@swbell.net (cdietz@swbell.net)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 20:46:11 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: KZ5MM
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 35.5

   10:   1597     38    143
-------------------------------
Total:   1597     38    143  =  735,765

Club/Team: TDXS

Comments:

HELLO MR MURPHY!!!  Rotor went bezerk and rotated the antenna to the right stop
early Saturday morning.  When brake release engaged it kept rotating to the
right.  After three trips up the tower, I gave up and fixed it on JA.  Missed
hours of the Eu run.  All I had left was a fixed 5 el on Eu at 45 feet and a 5
el on SA at 40 feet plus the formerly rotating 6 el I fixed on JA.

Oh well!  It was fun, even if it was frustrating.  There is something to be
said for fixed antennas.  It sure simplifies the contest!

Chuck, KZ5MM