[3830] WT4I MOST CQ/RJ WW RTTY 2000

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WT4I MOST CQ/RJ WW RTTY 2000
From: wt4i@brevard.net (Bruce Lifter)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:16:13 -0400
"The Florida Boys" (and xyl) :-)

 CALL          CLASS  PWR   QSO  PNT  QTH   DX   ZN    SCORE
 WT4I          MOST        1204 2720  189  268   97  1,507,434

       QSO    Pts   Zone   DX   St/Prov
80M     62     95    10    17     32
40M    173    320    15    45     40
20M    400    871    26    76     49
15M    283    663    22    64     43
10M    286    771    24    66     25
----- ----   ----   ---   ---    ---
Total 1204   2720    97   268    189      raw score~= 1,507,434

Operators: WO4D Orrin, WO4Z Dave, AF4Z Don, W2DTJ Arnie, WB4EQS Ron,
           KE4MMI Johnny, KC4HW Jim, K4PX George, NR4E Craig,
           KF4AKN Yolanda, WT4I Bruce

Station:   WT4I

Software:  WriteLog

Equipment: Yaesu FT990, FT1000, AF4Z Multi-Modem, HAL P38,
           Cushcraft A4S, Hygain TH6, Cushcraft 40-2CD, 80M dipole

Soapbox: Conditions were too good. Even though we had 11 operators,
we planned to not operate from 2-5AM thinking that there would not
be anybody to work. As it turns out, the bands seemed to improve
as it got later. In fact, 3AM Sunday morning was better than many of
the day time hours. Who could imagine 35 QSOs on 20 meters at 3 in
the morning?

Propagation was long. On the first day we worked 165 QSOs on 10M.
At the same time, we had captured only 14 total states and provinces!

Of the 11 operators, I believe 4 were introduced to RTTY contesting
in this contest. I think a couple may be hooked. Look for their calls
in upcoming RTTY contests.

Thanks to everybody for all the contacts.

73, Bruce WT4I