[3830] ARRLDX CW G5M SOSB/10

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW G5M SOSB/10
From: david@aslin.demon.co.uk (david@aslin.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 08:55:00 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest - CW

Call: G5M
Operator(s): G3WGN
Station: G3WGN

Class: SOSB/10
QTH:

   10:   1067     56
----------------------
Total:   1067     56  =  179,256

Comments:

G5M is the contest call for the Taunton and District Amateur Radio Club.  QSLs
to G3WGN (CBA correct 1999 onwards)only for ARRLDX and CQ WPX please.  The call
is used by other club members for IOTA Contest.

Equipment:  FT1000MP plus ACOM2000A @400W; Force12 C3SS at 14m

Great fun to use a mini-beam that WORKS.  Felt LOUD - won the QRG battles and
pileups most times.  (I have no connection with Force 12 and I'm sure <grin>
sunspots had nothing to do with it!)

Curious conditions: worked all 56 mults on Saturday with no S & P; neither
worked nor heard any more mults on Sunday in spite of S & P!  Is there a lesson
here...?

ND was the only gotaway in the contiguous 48  - heard briefly on Saturday but
not worked.

Dave G3WGN
One of the M6T gang - listen for us in CQWW.

G5M         1067   56   179,256SOSB/10