[3830] CQ160 CW W8MJ SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W8MJ SOHP
From: aa8av@concentric.net (aa8av@concentric.net)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:42:04 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160 Meter Contest, CW

Call: W8MJ
Operator(s):
Station: W8MJ

Class: SOHP
Operating Time (hrs): 10.3

QTH: MI

QSOs: 424  States/Provinces: 53  Countries: 16  Score: 77,142

Comments:

Well, this was my first year not operating as a guest op at K8CC.  Had
originally made plans to go to AA8U but had to back out at due to work and
family commitments.

It was very humbling experince running from my place with only 500 watts and a
325 foot beverage for listening.  Was only able to get on after 9:00 p.m. local
time here both nights.  Could hear a lot of Europeans, unfortunately they
couldn't hear me.  Considering the setup here (shunt fed tower 70' and 50' wire
horizontal off the top.  Had fun for the amount of time I was able to get on.
Thanks to everyone that stopped by to work me.

73's Ken W8MJ

Mad River Radio Club

Looking forward to next year and getting back in the groove as a guest
operator.