[3830] CQ WPX CW 1999 YB1AQS SOABHPU

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WPX CW 1999 YB1AQS SOABHPU
From: Joerg Puchstein" <dl8wpx@ibm.net (Joerg Puchstein)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 08:17:34 -0000
                              CQ WPX SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 29-May-99, 30-May-99

    Callsign Used : YB1AQS
        Operators : Joe, YB1AQS/DL8WPX

         Category : Single Op, All Band, High Power, Unassisted

             Name : Joerg Puchstein
          Address : Jl. Sarikaso VII No. 23
   City/State/Zip : Bandung 40151
          Country : Indonesia

           e-mail : dl8wpx@ibm.net

        Team/Club : Bavarian Contest Club (BCC)

      Break Times : 00:00 - 01:59  2 h 00 min
                    22:20 - 02:54  4 h 35 min
                    06:45 - 08:14  1 h 30 min
                    20:02 - 23:59  3 h 58 min, total 12 h 03 min

        Equipment : Station A - Icom IC-736, Drake L7  PA 500W
                    Station B - Icom IC-735, Drake L75 PA 500W
                    Band Selection/Switches by Top Ten Devices
                    Band Filters by Dunestar
                    Logging by N6TR, TR 6.40

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes   Antenna

   40CW      207         205       1183       56      F12 EF140 @ 66 ft
   20CW      462         459       1371       36      3el-Quad  @ 63 ft
   15CW     1582        1530       4567      454      3el-Quad  @ 63 ft
   10CW      919         895       2667      178      3el-Quad  @ 63 ft

Totals     3170        3089       9788      724

    Final Score = 7,086,512 points.

This is to certify that in the contest I have operated my transmitter within
the limitations of my license and have observed fully the rules and
regulations of the contest.

Date 05/31/99     Signed Joerg Puchstein     Call YB1AQS

Soapbox:

After being away for a couple of month my first participation in a bigger
contest from Indonesia. The begin was a desaster - after a long night out
I slept 2 hours to long (That was in long term the best I could do, hi).

The condx were mixed - excellent runs on 10 and 15 into Europe during local
night but terrible signal attenuation during daytime. The 15m openings
into North America were weak and provided mainly added value to the
multiplier
score. Nevertheless 320 NA stations made it into the log on 15m.

At least I've beaten the old SOAB record for Oceania by more than 1 Million
and got for the first time ever no equipment failure and no thunderstorm
to interrupt the operation.

Last but not least - Thank's for the excellent activity from Europe during
this
contest. The QSO's were coming in constantly and it really was a joyride!

73, Joe

  Continent List  CQ WPX CW 99 YB1AQS (dupes removed)

           40    20    15    10    ALL
           --    --    --    --    ---
  USA   =  36    30   297     0    363
  VE    =   3     6    19     0     28