[3830] KA9FOX ARRL DX SSB Single Band 40m

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KA9FOX ARRL DX SSB Single Band 40m
From: ka9fox@QTH.com (Scott Neader KA9FOX)
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 01:09:41 -0600
The quick facts:

KA9FOX ARRL DX SSB Single Band 40m - Wisconsin

110 QSO  x  59 Countries = 19,470 points

The boring story:

I had planned on joining the W9JA / K9AA Multi-Two operation as I did for
CW weekend, but our son Cameron turned 2 on Saturday, and the circus was in
town on Sunday, so XYL said NO WAY! (I did try moving the birthday party to
the following weekend!)

Noticed in the SMC newsletter that the Single Band 40 meter ARRL DX SSB
record from Wisconsin was only 100 QSOs and 45 multipliers (set in 1981!).
Decided that I'd shoot to surpass that as my goal and do a Single Band 40m
from home.  Thought it would be easy, but it was not!

Home station for 40m is simply the 40m portion of the C4XL (2 elements) at
75 feet and a AL-80 amp for about 700 watts out.

Wasn't able to start the contest until about 0400z Friday due to helping
the XYL clean the house and prepare for Cameron's Birthday Bash.  Wound up
with 110 hard fought QSOs and 59 countries.  All but one QSO was S&P, the
only person to answer any of my CQs was 3D2DD in Figi!

Remember next Sunday, March 14th, is the Wisconsin QSO Party.  Just 7 hours
long... Sunday 18z - Monday 01z.  Might be home, or might be at W9RPM doing
a casual multi-op.

73 - Scott KA9FOX

INTERNET SOLUTIONS - Affordable web page design and hosting
Scott Neader (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100 / KA9FOX@QTH.com
3323 South 29th Street, La Crosse, WI  54601   / ICQ 12151451
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads:  http://www.QTH.com/Classifieds
KA9FOX Contesting & DXing Site: http://www.QTH.com/KA9FOX
Internet Solutions Home Page:   http://www.QTH.com/is