[3830] WN9O ARRL DX CW M/S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WN9O ARRL DX CW M/S
From: wn9o@usa.net (wn9o@usa.net)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 19:45:29
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: WN9O                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Multi Single
      Operators: WN9O & W9IU         State: Indiana

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160       19       57   3.0       14
       80       80      240   3.0       50
       40      226      678   3.0       69
       20      248      738   3.0       81
       15      608     1824   3.0       90
       10      328      984   3.0       81
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   1509     4521   3.0      385  =   1,740,585

Equipment:
 FT-1000/MP, TS-940, Alpha 87A Amps

Antenna's:
160 mtr: dipole @ 90'
80 mtr: rotary dipole (Force 12  EF-180/B) @ 107'
160/80 mtrs: Beverages 600' SE & NE
40-10 mtrs: Force 12 C4 @ 102'
20-10 mtrs: Force 12 C3 @ 75'
20-10 mtrs: Mosley TA-53M @ 48' (Fixed SE)
WX0B StackMatch for phasing

Comments:

Fun contest to operate.  Can't remember when the low bands were so
quiet, but the addition of the beverages were a great help.  Couldn't
seem to get a much of a run going on 10 or 20 mtrs, but 15 mtrs was
great.  JA's runs were impossible had to S&P for those stations.
It seemed the multipliers were not around, so we are still seeking
to break the 2 Meg. mark.

In the middle of the contest I had 2 daughters break out with the
Chicken Pox and had to help relieve the XYL.  This only put more
of a load on W9IU.  We are still looking for a few good men...
Thanks to Green Acres Golf Course for allowing the beverage
antenna's.  All in all had a great time and can't wait until the next contest!

73's,

Kevin --> WN9O

Sysop of KJ9D-5 PacketCluster, Kokomo, IN
wn9o@usa.net