[3830] KH6GMP SOSB 15M LOW POWER UNASSISTED HAWAII

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KH6GMP SOSB 15M LOW POWER UNASSISTED HAWAII
From: Gary Belcher KH6GMP" <kh6gmp@shaka.com (Gary Belcher KH6GMP)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:29:20 -1000
1998 CQ World-Wide DX Contest

CALL: KH6GMP       MODE:  PHONE          LOCATION:HAWAII ZONE 31
                                                    .
CLASS:      Single Operator
            Low Power (100W or less). Power used: 100 watts.  Unassisted

            Single Band:  15 Meters            .

            QSOs       QSO points Zones Countries Multipliers Score
15m:    1264         3660               27     54
Totals: 1264         3660                                          81
296,460
Station Description:Icom 706MK2, Heil Boom/headset, Writelog software.
Antenna(s):4 el 15m monoband yagi rooftop tower 9ft
Operators: KH6GMP (just me)

Remarks (Biggest thrill in Contest, funniest story, comments, etc.):Got a
call
from a NP2/W0 and told him he was a dupe. He appologized and said that his
helper had gone to the bathroom.  In spite of my exhausted condition I came
up immediately with "Oh, you mean your DUPER is in the DUMPER".  Great
contest, thanks to all that worked me and WRITELOG software performed
flawlessly.

Gary E. Belcher   KH6GMP
In Beautiful Kailua-Kona
On the Big Island of Hawaii