[3830] NK7U NAQP SSB M2

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NK7U NAQP SSB M2
From: k7zo@micron.net (k7zo@micron.net)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 13:13:51 -0700 (MST)
                   1998 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

      Call used: NK7U                                 Location: OR

     Category: Multi-Two Xmtr    Mode: SSB           Power: 150W

     Callsign of Operators: NK7U, K7ZO, K7MK, KC7DPD

     Exchanged Information: NK7U JOE OR

     Hours of Operation: 11:59

     band      QSOs     points    mults
     =================================
     160        111       111       38 Elevated GP, F12 Dipole @ 190'
      80        292       292       50 3 el @ 190', Dipole @ 190'
      40        228       228       48 3.5/4 @ 180/90'
      20        591       591       53 6/6 @ ~135/65'
      15        405       405       41 6/6
      10         22        22        6 7/7
     =================================
     TOTAL     1649      1649      236      SCORE: 389,164

     2*TS-950, FT-1000MP    NA Software on loop network.

     Comments: Always a fun contest. Our score was up about 20% from the one
     last January. 10M was almost there. It was open to all parts an hour
     before the contest started but faded quickly as 18:00Z approached. We
     will need to see the other M2 scores as they come in, but our guess is
     10M made the big difference and is why NM6Q had such a giant score. We
     were pleased to be as close to KP3P as we were.  Need to see where N0NI
     and W4WA come in. Maybe some more thoughts later on the play by play but
     quickly:

     160M: About the same as last year, though everyone seemed to move there
           later than last year. The GP seems to transmit better but the
           F12 dipole is better at receiving. Received pretty common reports
           thru the Northwest of being 59++. Jan 97 was 105/37
      80M: Similar, even though this year the beam is in full working order.
           Probably not as much time on 80M as last year. Our condolences
           go out to W9JA on loss of his 80M beam. We heard a little of
           the story from WE9V operating from there. Jan 97 was 323/53
      40M: Down on Q's, but probably because we spent more time on 15 and 20
           this year. Jan 97 was 297/47.
      20M: Much improved and we stayed on the band long into the contest.
           Jan 97 was 432/48.
      15M: Similar to 20M, but seemingly burned throught the bulk of the
           contesters in the first 3 hours or so. Then needed to entice
           all the non-contesters to jump in, which they seemed to do.
           At one point we were 59+30bd into MO and someone back there
           accused us of running an amp. Shame on them... Jan 97 was
           329/34 and I think that QSO total was the reported high for 15M.
      10M: After Jan 97 of 1/1 anything would be better, but it should
           have been much better. We also need it wide open for any
           chance to hang in with the rest of the country on scoring.

     Thanks eveyone for the Q's. Congrats from the NK7U team to Dave, K6LL.
     It is amazing what scores he gets as a single op. He darn near matched
     our M2 score!

For all the gang at NK7U:

Scott/K7ZO K7ZO@micron.net