[3830] ARRL SS VE6JY QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS VE6JY QRP
From: Don Moman <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> (Don Moman)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 18:20:36 -0700 (MST)
VE6JY QRP SS

  160SSB      11          11         22       6  bobtail, delta at 180'
   80SSB      22          22         44       7  2 x bobtails
   40SSB      66          66        132       9  3 el at 145',4-30 log@92'
   20SSB     106         106        212      27  5 at 160, 5 at 145, TH-6
   15SSB     165         165        330      30  6 at 120 plus TH-6

 Totals      370         370        740      79

    Final Score = 58,460 points.

My first effort at QRP in a contest (although high power has felt
like QRP when we get those one way disturbed conditions) and it was more
fun than I thought it could be at 53.46 degrees north. But conditions were
good from here and at times, a decent run was possible. I spent more time
looking for the sweep than I did trying to run, as the qso numbers
reflect. WB0O was the last one needed - I'd heard him all weekend but
could only get his attention when he went to 40 later.

Anyway, good fun and an enjoyable 22 hours.

73 Don

VE6JY is Don Moman               email: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Box 127 Lamont, Alberta
T0B 2R0  (403) 895-2925