[3830] WA7BNM CW SS LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WA7BNM CW SS LP
From: bhorn@netcom.com (Bruce Horn)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 09:18:16 -0700 (MST)
                    ARRL CW Sweepstakes

Call: WA7BNM
Section: LAX
Low Power
7.9 hours

Band     Qs
---------------
 160     0
  80    61
  40    69
  20    68
  15   101
  10     0
---------------
       299 x 70 = 41,860

Antennas:
 80: Rotatable dipole at 70 ft
 40: 3-el yagi at 60 ft
 20-10: Tribander at 75 ft

Comments:
Originally planned to just get on enough to produce 100 QSOs of CW
practice, all S&P. Got "brave" enough to actually call CQ and found I was
actually able to handle what must be the world's longest contest exchange
at a rate of about 60/hr. Most of my copying problems were the result of
QRM or QSB swallowing someone's signal.

Generally, I found all bands to be quiet. Which helped, since there were a
lot of signals barely above the noise, regardless of power level.

All in all, a fun time. Didn't worry about the score. Didn't worry about mults.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@netcom.com)