[3830] CQP Expedition to Glenn Count

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQP Expedition to Glenn Count
From: edwoods@pbsac01.isp.pacbell.com (Woods, Eric D (pb-Edwoods))
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 13:49:00 -0700
Super Job Bruce:

4 years ago, we made ~ 1000 Q's from Glenn Cty using a Texas Bugcatcher and
a Ten-Tec 12 V mobile amp.  It was next to the Sacramento River at about 10'
above sea level.  Big stretches of Grass for antennas if you wanted
to....Flush Toilets.....Picnic Tables.....Fenced for Dogs.......

Eric, K6GV
edwoods@pacbell.com

  2.  Never go above 5000' for a CQP expedition.  I said that after I
froze my tail off in 1994 but seemed to have forgotten how painful the
lesson was.  Now I remember again why I made that resolution back then.