[3830] AA4GA CQP SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AA4GA CQP SOLP
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers, AA4GA)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 01:42:46 +0000
                           CAL QSO PARTY SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign Used : AA4GA
         Category : SOLP

   80CW        2           2          6       0
   40CW       75          75        225       1
   40SSB      29          29         58       0
   20CW       82          82        243      12
   20SSB     134         134        266      22
   15CW       58          58        174       7
   15SSB     131         131        262      16

 Totals      511         511       1234      58

    Final Score = 71,572 points in 11.5 hours.

    Sweep at 1424z.

I wasn't gonna do much at all with this one, but I saw just before
the contest the message about the K6LA plaque for the first
out-of-state sweep, so I figured I'd give it a shot, since I
couldn't operate the whole weekend.  What could it take, four - five
hours?  Yeah, right!

Got off to a pretty fair start and decided to keep going 'til I got
the sweep.  Well, at 1 am local time, I was still without Colusa
county, but decided I needed to go to bed.  Got back on the radio a
little after 10 in the morning and tuned around a bit...found one
new station S&Ping and a whole bunch of dupes.  So I CQed about 5
times and got two calling at once...KE6??? and N6VV/m - so I answered
'VV, got Colusa and turned off the radio.  'VV gave me number 3, so
maybe I've got a shot at it, but I doubt it, it sure was late.

Good condx generally, but surprised at no 10m propagation.  Just
before the contest, I worked a couple of EUs on 10 and had high
hopes.  Oh well.  For sure next year....

--
Lee Hiers - AA4GA
Contest Preservation Society - NT4DX