[3830] K6GV CW Sprint

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K6GV CW Sprint
From: edwoods@pbsac01.isp.pacbell.com (Woods, Eric D (pb-Edwoods))
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 10:00:00 -0700

Went to daughter's High School Water Polo Game - watched her and her JV team
demolish top-ranked other team.  Got the evil eye from family when I tried
to wiggle away early to get to Randy's (AA6WJ).

Pointed across the pool and said, "Look at the Brontosaur!", and left while
everyone else was looking.

Took a bottle of wine for a present to Randy and wife to thank them for
invading their home and station.

Good rates on 20.  Disasterous band change too early to 40.  1 Q and back to
20.  (10 mins at Randy's).

Later went to 40 - rates pretty good.  Randy shanghai's me for dinner at
0230, feeds me and makes me drink a glass of wine.

1/2 hour later back on 40 good rates, but my fingers didn't go where my mind
told them to.

Go to 80.  Only 5's and 6's and 7's.  Use them up, go back to 40 - finish by
cq'ing at 40 wpm.  I guess this attracts curious bystanders?

205 x 42.    Couldn't be a bad guest and refuse dinner.

BARC (at the moon?)

Thanks Randy

Eric, K6GV
edwoods@pacbell.com