K8QLK SS CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K8QLK SS CW
From: ah672@detroit.freenet.org (Jerry Treas)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 13:21:16 -0500

                        1996 ARRL SS CW Summary Sheet
                              November 2-4

   Station Callsign: K8QLK
              State: MI
           Category: SO LP AB Unassisted

  Operator callsign: K8QLK     (Now K8GT)
    Operator's name: Gerry Treas
            Address: 29435 Guy Ave.
     City/State/Zip: Southfield, MI 48076

    BAND        QSOs         Pts     Mults
    160            0           0         0
     80          112         224         0
     40          123         246         0
     20           75         150         0
     15           26          52         0
     10            0           0         0
    ______________________________________

    Total:       336         672        74     Score =  49,728
                                                        ======

Equipment: FT101B 100 Watts
           Super CMOS III memory keyer
           Multi-band Fan Inverted Vee/dipoles up 50'
           IBM PC/XT for logging only, NO PACKET (yet anyway)

Spent the first 4 hours of the contest, plus the previous 6
hours replacing the antenna mast that bent like a pretzel in the
wind on Tuesday.  Missed AK, NWT, NE, and NNY. Never heard NE or
AK, the only time I heard VY1JA he was too weak, and doing S&P.
Also briefly heard N2MD (I think) S&P fom NNY, no time to set up
an ambush, but got CI2AWR for PQ in last 4 minutes by waiting
just above where he was working a station S&P and called when he
finished. Don't change SS format, it would ruin its unique charm
and strategy. Did notice the fast QSB on 40 and it folded early
at least with a high angle radiator, 80 was decent though.

I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
for Amateur Radio in my country. My report is correct and true
to the best of my knowledge.

73, Gerry K8GT  fka K8QLK