WA2SRQ NAQP score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WA2SRQ NAQP score
From: eyg@hpnjlc.njd.hp.com (Ed Gilbert)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 08:44:28 -0400
WA2SRQ NAQP CW Aug '96

     band      QSOs     points    mults
    -----------------------------------
     160         35        35       17
      80        122       122       35
      40        175       175       42
      20        176       176       46
      15         54        54       27
      10         31        31       16
    -----------------------------------
     Total      593       593      183      Score: 108,519

Equipment:
50' tower with 3-el HyGain yagis on 10, 15, 20; Force12 EF-240 2-el 40.
80m inv Vee @70' fed with open wire for 80 and 160.
Two Icom 765s, ICE filters, Top Ten decoders, NA logging software.

Comments:
I was going to skip this one to watch the olympics instead, but
tv coverage has been so poor (much talk and little sports action)
that I decided to operate.  I did set a tv up in the shack and
saw the 1500, the bike time trial, basketball game, and 4x100
relay during the contest.

In NJ we had very high noise levels, even on 10m.  I figured that
since the high bands were noisy, 80 and 160 were going to be
really bad, and it would be better to take the off time at the
end.  That may not have been the right decision, since I see my
total on 160 is far down from some of the other posts.  I
couldn't work any of the W5's, although many of them were good
copy.  Next time I'll save a half hour for the end to pick up
more 160 mults.  I did try (unsuccessfully) to move RI to 160.
That's ok Jeff, I'll remember it the next time you need the rare
NJ mult :-).

73,

Ed Gilbert, WA2SRQ
eyg@hpnjlc.njd.hp.com