Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : vx-1r suddently switch off Forums Help

1-3 of 3 messages

Page 1 of 1  

vx-1r suddently switch off Reply
by rikkardo on January 11, 2004 Mail this to a friend!
hi all, i just got a used vx-1r; is my first and i have to say that it is nice. but soon i had a problem. sometimes it switch off even if i m not doing anything. i wonder if is becouse bad inside contact. it is very boring for me. i saw before switch off the red light blink and the s/p level goes to max. anyone can suggest me how to solve it? thanks a lot. Riccardo

RE: vx-1r suddently switch off Reply
by KS2G on January 11, 2004 Mail this to a friend!
The VX-1R has an Automatic Power Off (APO) feature aimed at conserving battery life by shutting-off the radio after a user-specified period of time if there's no activity ... like transmitting or using the controls. You can specify the time-period of disable this feature --so that the radio will stay on indefinitely-- through the menus. See page 26 of the Users Manual. 73, Mel - KS2G

RE: vx-1r suddently switch off Reply
by N6KL on February 7, 2004 Mail this to a friend!
Mel has a great reply. Let me also suggest that if the APO was not the problem, to check the battery contacts. My VX-1R would sometimes switch off when I was holding it or carrying it (but otherwise not changing the controls), and I found that the battery was not making solid contact. Gently bending the contact tab on the battery cover slightly, resulted in better contact and the problem disappeared. GL and 73!
--Dave

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   Yeasu FT-1000 MkV Field
Previous Topic:   RTTY Operations
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.