Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : yaesu dvk 2 Forums Help

1-3 of 3 messages

Page 1 of 1  

yaesu dvk 2 Reply
by g6pz on March 3, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
i use a dvk 2 with my mp mk 5, i have reports of bad audio almost like rf getting in, i have tried everything to cure it, ie mike gain and processor off when recording etc. normal operation is fb with good audio reports. any one know of any problems or fix,s as it,s driving me nuts, 73 paul g6pz.

RE: yaesu dvk 2 Reply
by N4ZR on March 4, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
Hi Paul -- I heard you during the phone ARRL test and you sounded fine -- I couldn't tell if you were using a recording or not. If you weren't, out of concern about this problem, then I probably won't be much help because I am not familiar with the Yaesu DVK2 (DVS2?).

I do notice on the air, though, that many people's recorded voice sounds bad because, IMO, they tend to run the gain and/or compression too high on the recording. It is very hard to judge directly, because the acoustics of talking yourself versus listening to a recording on the transceiver's monitor circuit are so different.

You might take a look at www.va3cr.net, an excellent reference for Yaesu matters, as well as the archive of the 1000mp mailing list at www.qth.net. I seem to recall many complaints about the DVS2 appearing there.

73, Pete N4ZR

RE: yaesu dvk 2 Reply
by N4ZR on March 4, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
An additional thought -- I recorded the entire contest, so if you would like to hear yourself, please drop me a note ([email protected])

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   tuners and balanced line
Previous Topic:   yaesu dvk 2
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.