Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Hy-Gain or Yaesu Rotors? Forums Help

1-4 of 4 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Hy-Gain or Yaesu Rotors? Reply
by ve4mm on January 12, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
Since the recent Hy-Gain price increase, Yaesu rotors look like a better deal? Any thoughts? or experiences?

RE: Hy-Gain or Yaesu Rotors? Reply
by NX5M on January 13, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
I use them both. I have 2 of each.
The two Ham IV's are under a 10m yagi on one tower while the other is under a 20m yagi.
The two Yaesu's are under a 15m yagi on one tower and the other tower has an A3 on top.
No problems with either.
I did have lightning hit the 15m tower last year and I went into the shack to find that the rotor control box had the front-end blown out of it. I just replaced the whole system.

by N2MG on January 16, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
If you don't get enough response here, try the Towertalk reflector (see link at the bottom of the left menu area of this page).

73 Mike N2MG

by N2WN on September 26, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
I've used both, and have had more problems with Hy-Gain. That being said, I think they are easier to repair, if needed. I prefer the Yaesu rotors now, for one main reason, the overlap. Being able to rotate more than 360 is a big plus in contests. The connection at the rotor is much easier to work on, simply unplug it versus fighting with rusted screws.
Just my two cents worth..
Julius
n2wn

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   Tentec Reflector
Previous Topic:   EH Antennas
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.