Resources
 This Week's Contests
 Classified Ads
 Contest Links
 Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Category for Rovering in ARRL Nov SS Forums Help

1-2 of 2 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Category for Rovering in ARRL Nov SS Reply
by kq6mu on November 15, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
Greetings fellow Hams,

I might be going mobile for this weekend's contest, ARRL November SSB Sweepstakes, and wanted to find out what category I would fall in. I will be running 100 watts strictly from my mobile setup. I will start off in Los Angeles County, and ending up in Nye County, just outside of Las Vegas, NV. Do I just change my section when I move into a new one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks & 73,

Mike KQ6MU

RE: Category for Rovering in ARRL Nov SS Reply
by N4SL on November 16, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
Hi Mike,

As far as I know there is no provision for folks who change sections during the SS.

There's been talk of adding a mobile class to SS because so many hams live in apartments or have antenna restrictions. I think it's a GREAT idea! Can you imagine the crazy vehicles we'd see outfitted? The very first year they allow it, I'd rent a huge truck and outfit it with crazy stuff and WIN! The rules would be all gear must a operational while actually driving, no 500' long wires, but you could mount a 2el tribander on a short mast on a large truck. I'd do it.

You should ping Dan, N1ND [email protected] or [email protected] -- he's the oracle of contest knowledge. Maybe he'll respond on a weekend, I've had him respond at 9PM before.

I guess you send whatever section you are in at the time but your log must reflect the change, esp. if you are sending in a computer log. Seems like a hassle, they just aren't ready for the pioneering types.

73, Steve N4SL "Master of the Useless"

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   CQWW UNB reports?
Previous Topic:   TS930S mod
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.