Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : CQ WW SSB Scoring Forums Help

1-5 of 5 messages

Page 1 of 1  

CQ WW SSB Scoring Reply
by w0sas on October 27, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
When I'm figuring my score, do I count 2 points for QSOs with other US stations (rule VI.2), or 0 points (rule VI.3)? This may seem like an odd question in the era of contest software, but I'm doing software on the cheap (free), so I have to figure my score in Excel.
Thanks, Scott

RE: CQ WW SSB Scoring Reply
by ve3iay on October 28, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
Scott,

Sorry, zero points. You can get multiplier credits for contacts with your own country, but not QSO points. Rule VI.2 applies to contacts with other countries inside North America (e.g. W to VE). For example, TRLog gives me zero points for contacts with other VE stations, 2 points for contacts with US stations.

Next September, why not try the RTTY version of this contest? Contacts within your own country count 1 point in that one ;)

Rich VE3IAY

by w0sas on October 28, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
Thanks. It didn't seem real clear from just reading the rules. To get in the RTTY contest, I'd have to buy a new rig, one that didn't use so many vacuum tubes. Wait a minute, you might be on to something there... :-)
Scott

by N2MG on October 29, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
You have to read the three qso-point rules as they are presented: as you proceed through them, the relative distance between stations gets smaller.

VI. POINTS:
1. Contacts between stations on different
continents are worth three (3) points.
2. Contacts between stations on the same
continent but different countries, one (1) point.
Exception: For North American stations only,
contacts between stations within the North
American boundaries count two (2) points.
3. Contacts between stations in the same
country are permitted for zone or country multiplier
credit but have zero (0) point value.

1.) addresses contacts between stations on different continents. Clearly US-to-US or US-to-VE QSOs do not qualify for this category...

2.) addresses QSOs between different countries. US-to-US QSOs do not qualify for this category.

3.) Addresses same-country QSOs. Bingo.

Mike N2MG

by NX5M on November 4, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
In CQWW DX contests, qsos with stations within your own country count ZERO points.
However, you would need at least one qso per band with a station within your own country to get multiplier credit with that country (in this case the US).
Also, there are three cq zones in the US so you would also want to be sure to get those worked because they are also multipliers. Same zones extend into Canada so you might work the same zones that way and end up with 2 points per qso.
You can also check http://www.cqww.com for more info.

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   Sending the contest logs
Previous Topic:   WriteLog
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.