Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Multi-Single Operating Forums Help

1-4 of 4 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Multi-Single Operating Reply
by ve7oso on September 23, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
I just discovered this site, so I hope I am not aksing a question that has just recently been answered.
Some ham friends and I are planning to operate Multi-Single in the CQWW contest. I understand that it is normal to have a RUN station and a MULT station. I understand that the MULT station can only work new multipliers on a different band. My question is:
Is the MULT station only allowed one contact every ten minutes, or can it make numerous contacts in this ten minute period providing it stays on one band and each contact is a new multiplier?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
If anyone has any links to Multi-Single sites, tips etc. I would appreciate them.

Steve

RE: Multi-Single Operating Reply
by EA1EEY on September 24, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
Hello My name is Juanjo, one ot the EA1EEY's multi single team. Well, the multiplier station can make numerous contacts in this ten minute period providing it stays on one band and each contact is a new multiplier. Then can move to other band after the ten minutes period and back again to work all new multipliers in this band during the minimun ten minutes period. and so on. during all the contest.
Please note: the multiplier station can be more than one station, if you follow the ten minutes rule and only a signal by band.
Be careful with IMD between two stations. We have bought band pass filters in DUNESTAR.
We use CT networks with Ethernet PCI cards and RG58 cable.
Our web is http://www.arrakis.es/~ea1wx
We hope can work you next coming CQWW SSB. So gud luck.

Excuse my english.
[email protected]

by N2MG on September 24, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
<< Is the MULT station only allowed one contact every ten minutes, or can it make numerous contacts in this ten minute period providing it stays on one band and each contact is a new multiplier? >>

Once you switch to a band, you can make as many new multipler contacts as you wish on that band. The 10min clock starts when you work the first station on the new band. E.g., if you were on 80m for a while, then at 03:00Z switched to 160m and took until 03:05 to work someone, the ten minute clock starts at 03:05 (not 03:00). Note the difference in band change criteria for the new multi-two category in WW.

by ve3iay on September 25, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
Steve,

If you're still looking for links on M/S, try this one out: http://www.k2kw.com/ms_tips.html

Rich

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   CQWW 2001 CW
Previous Topic:   FT990 Interface FIF232
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.