Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Contesting Multipliers Forums Help

1-3 of 3 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Contesting Multipliers Reply
by KA3QOT on August 18, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
Hi,

I'm new to contesting and just finished the NA QSO party. The contacts form I need to send asks for multipliers X QSOs.

Can someone tell me what a multiplier is?

Dennis KA3QOT

RE: Contesting Multipliers Reply
by K8GU on August 19, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
Hi Dennis, and welcome to contesting. A multiplier is a special kind of point you can earn for your first QSO with a new station of special characteristic, usually its QTH. In the case of the NAQP, you receive a multiplier for each state, province, and North American country (like Mexico, Cuba, Curacao, to name three) the first time you contact it ON EACH BAND. Say you made four QSOs in the contest:

2002-Aug-17 2200 K8MAD ALFRED OH 40SSB
2002-Aug-17 2201 K8GU ET OH 40SSB
2002-Aug-17 2202 K4FCG DADDY FL 40SSB
2002-Aug-17 2202 K8GU ET OH 20SSB

You would get a multiplier for OH on 40SSB when you worked K8MAD. When you worked K8GU on 40SSB, you would not get a multiplier because you already worked OH (K8MAD) on 40SSB, but you would get a regular QSO point. K4FCG would give you the FL multiplier on 40SSB. Now, K8GU would give you the OH multiplier on 20SSB since that's the first time you worked OH on that band. The score for this log is: 4 x 3 = 12 points.

73 es gl de K8GU, Ethan.

RE: Contesting Multipliers Reply
by N2MG on August 19, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
See

http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php

for detailed rules.

For other contests' rules, see the various online contest calendars (Search eHam's database for lots of web calendars)

Mike N2MG

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   Contest Log compare utility
Previous Topic:   Anyone need a op for WW DX?
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.