Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : TH6 AND TH7 TRIBANDERS Forums Help

1-5 of 5 messages

Page 1 of 1  

TH6 AND TH7 TRIBANDERS Reply
by N8XP on June 2, 2001 Mail this to a friend!
Does anyone out there in radioland know anything about the TH6/TH7 triband antennas. I have the chance to buy a TH7 for $100.00 with all the required repair parts, or so the guy says???? TH7 has been stored for past several years in a barn, so the story goes.

How much does a TH7 weigh since it will be put on a 70 foot 25G tower...what about wind load,gain, number of elements ect???????
Any help would be much appreciated!!

Roger, N8XP

RE: TH6 AND TH7 TRIBANDERS Reply
by SM0WKA on June 4, 2001 Mail this to a friend!
TH7(DX) is a great antenna, It has a enormous performance, just look at the contest guys stacking them. If you get the TH7 for �100 bucks, dont hesitate to buy!

The weight is about 70lbs, your tower will hold, i promise. We have the TH7 on a 100ft aluminum tower and it�s still standing, and we have pretty high winds up here during the winter storms.

If you have any other questions just e-mail me [email protected]

73�s es GD DX de SM0WKA/SM0W Teemu

by k4za on June 7, 2001 Mail this to a friend!
78 lbs
Have a 3 stack of TH-6, TH-6, & TH-7 on Rohn 25G....
top & bottom rotate

it's still a viable design

by K0RWL on June 13, 2001 Mail this to a friend!
TH-7: net weight is 75 lbs (34.0 kg)
Maximum wind survival: 100 mph (161.0 kmph)
Wind surface area is 9.4 sq. ft.
Wind load at 80 mph is 240 lbs. (0.87 m2)

Before I retired and moved last year, I had a coverted TH6 to TH7 up at approximately 60 feet. It worked very well for being within the city limits amid buildings, etc. When it was taken down, I found two broken bolts but no other damage. We marked all the elements and measurements with a magic marker and just waiting to get it back up. I would suggest that you carefully check the condition of the trap covers prior to putting it in the air. They are cheap and are important in maintaining good service from the outfit. Good luck to you and if you run across another one at that price, e-mail me......Larry

Anonymous post on June 26, 2001 Mail this to a friend!
I am the owner of an th6 since 1987 , bought it second hand frm a ham who owned it since 1979.
After a cleaning and un update with stainless steel hardware, the th6 is still up and working flawlessy at a height of 80 feet in windly enviremont and is vy comptetive with bigger tribanders.

I would buy the th7 , put it togheter and test it a abt 6 feet altitude before you put it up a ur tower.
All parts can still be purchased frm the manufacter.

on4adz

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   IC-751A to LK500ZC
Previous Topic:   Busted calls
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.